Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fench isn't very easy.

As I've mentioned, I'm learning French. I am taking a class and I've hired a tutor to help me. I've studied many languages before and I have to say that French is the hardest (to pronounce) of any I've tried seriously to learn.

I did want to learn Vietnamese when I was married to my first wife. (It is reputed to be the hardest language to learn). I begged her to teach me the language. I bought a Vietnamese dictionary, a tape to help with pronunciation, and other materials. I was dying to learn the language. No classes were available. She never helped me learn. She resisted at every request. Perhaps the lesson to learn is that if your foreign born wife refuses to teach you her language, she has something to hide.

I met my second wife in 1994. By 1996, I was speaking Spanish pretty well. I now speak it fluently.

As for French, for various reasons, knowing French would make my world better, so I am taking the plunge, with enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment