Monday, March 29, 2010

Ricky Martin says he's 'a fortunate homosexual man'

Man, my wife is going to be thrown off balance by this. She's had a crush on Ricky Martin since she was a little girl (unlike my wife, I don't get jealous about this kind of thing).

Of course, I'm happy for Ricky Martin. He no longer has to hide who he is.

RE: Ricky Martin says he's 'a fortunate homosexual man'

Pop singer Ricky Martin declared publicly this week what he avoided discussing for years: He is gay.

"I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," Martin wrote on his official Web site. "I am very blessed to be who I am."

A decade ago, when ABC's Barbara Walters pressed Martin to address rumors about his sexuality, he declined to confirm or deny them. "I just don't feel like it," Martin said.

Now, Martin wrote, "these years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed."

The 39-year-old Puerto Rican native started off with the Latin boy band Menudo before launching his solo career in 1991.

His song "Livin' La Vida Loca" rose to the top of the music charts in 1999 and propelled Martin to stardom.

Martin said he decided years ago to not share "my entire truth" with the world because people he loved warned him that "everything you've built will collapse."...



I'm not a fan, but some of his music is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment