Saturday, April 10, 2010

Court filing reveals taunted teen's anguish in final hours

If I had my way, sociopaths would be identified before birth and aborted. Those that went undetected would be liquidated at first notice. Think of how much better a world this would be if all sociopaths were eliminated!

RE: Court filing reveals taunted teen's anguish in final hours

During the last afternoon of her life, 15-year-old freshman Phoebe Prince was loudly berated in the high school library and she was taunted again as school let out, court documents say.

And, as she walked home in tears, one of the students passing by in a car called Prince names and tossed an empty can at her, according to the 38-page court filing that offers the first detailed account of a high school bullying scandal that has gained the national spotlight.

Prince used her cell phone to send text messages to a friend, saying that she was distraught over the relentless hazing. Her last text message went out at 2:48 p.m. She also received two messages but never opened them, the document states.

By 4:55 p.m., she was dead...

I understand how Phoebe felt because I want through the same kind of torment as a boy in school, only I suspect mine was worse. I could not go home without being beaten by several kids at the same time (cowards work in groups). The number of times I was physically beaten, thrice to the point of losing consciousness, numbers in the hundreds. I was verbally taunted as well. In fifth grade, three boys "hucked lungies" in my jacket that was hanging outside the classroom. It was below freezing outside. I had to go home in the deathly cold without my jacket. Another time a girl snuck up behind me on the stairwell and poured a vile of concentrated perfume in my hair. I was so horribly humiliated by it that I just continued down the stair well to the front door, walked out of the school, and went home. I didn't even stop by the office. I just left.

In fifth grade a boy brought an army shovel on the school bus and beat me over the head with it until I lost consciousness. Another kid hit me over the head with a pipe while I was on a tennis court. The son of a Dedham police officer threw a hard ball at full speed into the back of my head as I was returning from gym class, intentionally. I dropped to the ground unconsciousness and lost my sight for a moment as I was coming to. On the last day of school I was kicked in the throat until it swelled up to the point I could not breath. I nearly died.

The above is a SMALL sample of what I went through. Each and every day I wanted to die.

Later in my life I would face similar harassment online, a torment that nearly led to suicide. I have since discovered who all the primary players in that harassment are. I haven't revealed their names yet, but I am most disappointed with two people in Carlsbad, California and another person in Naragansett, Rhode Island (as well as several others). The pair that now live in Carlsbad began interfering in my life and work as far back as 1992. I've had to instruct my family not to share any information with this pair and their relatives, as none of them can be trusted.

It is sad what people will do to one another when they believe they can do it with impunity. When I taught a course in Ethics at a college in Miami, I asked my students to write on a piece of paper the things they would do if they could do them anonymously and be sure that no one would ever find out. They dropped their notes into a bucket and then I read them out loud, anonymously, to the class. One student wrote that he/she would murder someone just to have the experience and find out what it felt like. Another said he/she would rape someone. There were other sick notes too. The person you love might be such a person. You may never know, unless you break up and time causes you to lose connection. That person might then start trying to destroy your life. Things like this happen all the time.

(I guess that a couple unable to create children never reaches that point of maturity where one realizes the preciousness of life. Perhaps the envy that comes from never becoming a complete human being causes some people to taunt those who have become complete human beings.)



No comments:

Post a Comment