Thursday, April 8, 2010

A few inspirational songs before I turn in for the night.




...
El presente es lo único que tengo
el presente es lo único que hay
es contigo mi vida con quien puedo sentir
que merece la pena vivir
...

The present is all that I have
The present is all that there is
It is with you, my darling, that I can feel
the value in troubling to live.

If you don't speak Spanish, learn. You're missing the best and most meaningful music of our time.



The above song is about the miracle of life (as you should guess from the "pregnant" woman in the video). My interpretation is that it is about the beginning of life from the point of view of the fetus/baby.

Y es que fueron, fueron tus abrazos
que como sablazos me hicieron pedazos
afiladas fueron tus miradas
quedé destrozada y en llanto inundada.
Roja y loca, la flama de tu boca
me quemó, y apagarme me toca.

Empiezo una nueva vida
un rompecabezas que tendré que armar.
Bien lejos, lejos de su influjo
esa cruel fragancia que invadió mi ser.

De la maleza surgieron tus promesas
germinando tristeza en mi cabeza.
Tu bajeza me tomó por sorpresa,
para lastimar, tienes mucha destreza.
Que delicia fueron tus caricias
mala noticia, eran pura malicia.

Empiezo una nueva vida
un rompecabezas que tendré que armar.
Bien lejos, lejos de su influjo
esa extravagancia que torció mi fe.

Ya no quiero ir hacia usted corriendo,
ya no quiero más gritar su nombre.

Bien lejos, lejos de su influjo
era casi muerte, que fue su querer.
Empiezo....



This song (see above) is personally significant to me. I remember feeling this way and now, that I am old, I realize how stupid I was. If I could do it all again, I would have married even younger and had lots of children.


The real enemy of life is hierarchy. Hierarchy is created by ideology. Human life was most worth living when everyone knew nothing and reproducing was the primary directive. Our lives became Hell at the moment we decided that WE were not animals.

1 comment:

  1. We'd be very glad if you would let your readers know about an Irish catholic blog:

    www[dot]catholicheritage[dot]blogspot[dot]com

    It would also be very kind if you could link to/follow/blogroll it.

    Happy Eastertide!

    ReplyDelete